JERUSALEM ― A spokesperson for Israel’s foreign ministry said yesterday that the death toll from the October 7 Hamas attack in southern Israel had been revised to around 1,200 from a previous government estimate of 1,400.
“Around 1,200 is the official number of victims of the October 7 massacre,” spokesperson Lior Haiat said in a written statement.
Haiat said the figure had been updated on Thursday. He did not provide a reason for the revision.
The death count, which includes foreigners, “is not a final number. It (is) an updated estimate. It might change when (they) identify all the bodies,” Haiat said. ― Reuters