Kuala Lumpur -The government has agreed to allow eateries and food delivery services in states that come under the Movement Control Order (MCO) to operate until 10pm from tomorrow (Jan 22).
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the government took the step in heeding feedback from consumers and traders that the allowed operation hours from 6am to 8pm, was not suitable.
“Like I have said, the government always listens to the people’s views. We were aware of the many complaints (on this) and so, we quickly held meetings since last week to deliberate on it,” he told a special media conference on the MCO here, today.
However, Ismail Sabri, who is also Defence Minister, said the Standard Operating Procedures still applied whereby dining-in is still not allowed and that only take-away, delivery and drive-through are permitted.
“We are also allowing food delivery until 10pm,” he said. – Bernama